22 Comments

1. Blessing Ogudugu
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

The seeds you got as gift might not be good for your area (climate, state, etc) I had a bunch of seeds I took with me from MD to Florida and they did not work. I got just a handful of stuff to grow) … so, now back in MD and we shall see how things go.

2. dealshopper
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Where did you get that huge bell dome? Thanks!

3. whales tales
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Thank you for the idea. This was a great way get my garden started and relieve the stress of leggy veggies. Just put 10 plants out…can’t wait to see the results. I live in zone 6; an area true to four season. It’s snowing today but supposed to be almost 60 by the weekend. I’m very excited to see what happens…..

4. Seedaholic Gardens

ooh yummmy!

5. Agusta Sister
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Those are.weeds…my mom.got 3 packets of zinnia seeds…and I KNOW ZINNIA.SEEDS..she planted them anyway and got the worse weeds..
    Fairly well known store seed company too…i think they contracted with a secondary foreign source and well…got screwed ..

Or it.was act of a.terrorism….those.weeds were not something i have ever seen..and may of been invasive as they were.aggressive as.hell
    I pulled them out after bringing one of my baby zinnias and showing her….horrible weeds it took me two years to erradicate and i was DILIGENT AS HELL AT KILLING not.letting one.go to.seed..

6. Taman Inspirasi

Taman Inspirasi

7. Veronica Be
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

I enjoy watching your vid. what kind of soil did y buy? all your plants looks good in just 3 weeks? why is that? mine, it takes forever.

8. rmstreeter
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Hi, for your squareish size containers, get the lids, from Sam's and cut the center out, cover with clear plastic the resulting hole, with the "RIM" which will snap on and hold tight. and it works great. Sam's may give you the round lids also, they are free..Love your videos, Robert..

9. Jefferdaughter
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Cicadas, pronounced 'seh KAY duhs'. 🙂 Offered in the spirit of exchanging information. Also, I'm sure you already know, but some types of seed, like celery and related plants, need to be fresh, and should be sown the following spring.

The fancy seed vaults probably have ways to keep seeds like celery viable for longer periods, but generally speaking, it is best to just get them fresh, or only store them over the winter if you save your own seed.

10. tangobayus

Neem oil for cicadas.

11. kolobok788
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Fantastic! So would you recommend NTWS for tomatoes and peppers? I finally ran out of milk jugs – thinking to try to NTWS them..

12. Annie Gaddis
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Do you have a chart showing the optimum date to plant each kind of vegetable? Some are fast growing, but peppers take forever to even sprout. My fear is, that some of them will be ready to transplant, before the weather is ready.

13. Linda Martin
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

They look kind of like lilies too.

14. Seedaholic Gardens

well that is bizarre.

15. Seedaholic Gardens
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Give em another 2 weeks to grow into something recognizable. I may take yo by surprise

16. eveny119
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Those "peppers" are not peppers, lol. Are you sure you didn't plant corn? Hi from NY- Just an update My tomatoes that I DWS are my best tomatoes huge thick stem, flowers and fruiting. Elaine   – p.s. That lettuce looks amazing.

17. Mononga Hela
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

Where do you get those plastic domes from? I've looked but couldn't find any.

18. Petals on the Paving Slabs
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

That four week lettuce is looking really good, nice one!

19. L B
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

my celery from Ray's seeds didn't germinate and I resowed 3 times but my dill came up splendidly as did the basil and one more that momentarily has slipped my mind. Unfortunately we had a couple hot days and my dill was in a direct sun area and I didn't water diligently enough. I should have moved the dill since it was still in a 3 inch pot and only a few weeks old. Will be resowing though.

20. Suzanne Miller
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

could you show how to "wrap" your broccoli, cabbage, etc with the tulle to repel the cabbage moths but not harm the plants…thanks!

21. Michigan Gardner
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

I though cicadas don't damage crops

22. Hugh Janus
    January 11, 2020 @ 9:05 am

I will definitely try the direct method next winter. Gotta get some domes.